... - hi my doctor told me to change my twice a day metropolol neoblock 50mg to once a day atenolol therablock 50mg... and i'm experiencing dizziness and cold after taking the medication... what can you recommend... please advise
All meds do have side effects and the most common side effects of Atenolol are:
* Tiredness -- in up to 26% of people
* Low blood pressure (hypotension) -- up to 25%
* Slow heart rate (bradycardia) -- up to 18%
* Dizziness -- up to 13%
* Cold hands or feet -- up to 12%
* Depression -- up to 12%
* Shortness of breath -- up to 6%
* Fatigue -- up to 6%.
Other common side effects of atenolol (occurring in 2 to 4% of people) include but are not limited to:
* Leg pain
* A decrease in blood pressure when going from a lying-down or sitting position to standing
* A spinning sensation (vertigo)
* Increased dreaming.
Since your doc has prescribed the med he/she knows your medical history well & perhaps is the best med at this point of time. If you feel that Atenolol side effects are bothersome please seek medical help, hope the info is helpful, please take care, be well & safe!
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 20 Oct 2009 • 1 answer
Posted 1 Mar 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 9 Dec 2010 • 2 answers
Posted 13 Dec 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 16 Dec 2012 • 2 answers