Methotrexate - Redness of the eyes is also side effe ct of metotrexate. Pls telk me?

Inactive 28 Nov 2012

Ocular side effects reported with methotrexate include conjunctivitis (Red eye- hyperaemia) and serious visual changes of unknown origin.

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/methotrexate-side-effects.html

I sugggest you contact your Dr. about, the red eye (conjunctivitis) could be a sign of infection, which must be treated asap or it could be an allergic reaction.

Take care,

maso.-

midwestma 28 Nov 2012

Hello, I just wanted to add to Masos' answer, he is correct you should discuss with your doctor, I had taken this same medication many years ago, and I ended up getting a secondary infection in my eyes, "Pink Eye", so I was given drops to take for ten days straight, and the problem cleared up. I''m not sure what your situation is, however I have Systemic Lupus, and due to my immune system being awful to begin with, it was no surprise that I also aquired another infection, so please se your doctor and get this taken care of ASAP. I wish you well, God Bless, midwestma