by mistake an overdosage of MTX was administrated IT
The effects of a methotrexate overdose can include (but are not limited to): Dangerously low blood cell counts; Mouth sores; Nausea; Vomiting; Gastrointestinal ulcers and bleeding; Kidney failure; Shock; Headache; Seizures; Loss of life.
The treatment for someone who takes too much methotrexate will usually involve a medication known as leucovorin, which can help limit and reverse some of the effects of an overdose. IV fluids and certain medications may also be given to help prevent very high overdoses from damaging the kidneys.
If the overdose was given by injection into the spinal canal (via intrathecal injection), drainage of the cerebrospinal fluid may also be necessary.
However, it is important that you seek medical attention as soon as possible, please take care.
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 19 Jul 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 6 Sep 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 18 Jun 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 7 Sep 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 7 Mar 2017 • 1 answer