Meloxicam - Is there any generic form of Arthrotec... I took mobic tabs and celebrex and got ulcers?

Marvell 19 Sep 2010

No, at the moment there is no generic for Arthrotec.

Arthrotec is a tablet containing a combination of diclofenac and misoprostol. Diclofenac is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain.

Misoprostol reduces stomach acid and replaces protective substances in the stomach that are reduced by NSAIDs.

Arthrotec is used to treat osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis in people at high risk for developing stomach or intestinal ulcers.

https://www.drugs.com/arthrotec.html

szivot2 20 Sep 2010

Marvell you are right I also checked with Wegmans and the pharmacist said the same thing I got switched to express scripts and they are denying my prescription for arthrotec and the say I must find a generic drug but there is no generic with both drugs... BUT DUH if they said get 2 prescripts and we will fill tthem generically we could stop running in circles... If I lose the appeal I will just get 2 prescripts and do it the easy way... Thanks for the reply

Marvell 20 Sep 2010

Yes, getting a prescription for each of the items separately will solve the problem.