Is Meloxicam a good alternative to Celebrex, which is very pricey?

kaismama 24 Sep 2013

Is meloxicam cheaper? Talk to your pharmacist, get the costs on NSAIDS, then go to your dr and ask him to change you. Celebrex is supposed to be easier on your stomach, but take it from me, I got ulcers from it just like the other NSAIDS I took.

BobbiG 24 Sep 2013

Meloxicam is a tier 1 drug and Celebrex is a tier 4 drug, therefore Meloxicam is cheaper. I will discuss it with my PCP on my next visit, to see if it is a good alternative. I have stomach problems with all NSAIDS except Celebrex has not caused any stomach discomfort to date and hopefully Meloxicam will not cause stomach discomfort if I switch.

DzooBaby 24 Sep 2013

I was taking Meloxicam because my insurance wouldnt cover Celebrex for my RA. I didnt think either of them worked very well but they are both good anti-inflammatories.