I have a friend who knows a man with diabetes. He doesn't take his meds, and his last glucose reading was over 300. Something like 325. He also has high blood pressure and high cholesterol. His daughter made him a doc apt but it isn't until Oct 14th. I know he should go to an ER, that's not going to happen. I know next to nothing about diabetes. My father had it and he took insulin injections. This was pre 1976.

What are the names of some common meds to lower blood sugar? I'm trying to save this man's life. He's 62, and never had any illnesses until recently so he's not used to taking care of himself. He lives alone. I'm worried about him going into a diabetic coma and dying before anyone realizes it. I don't live near these people.

I just want to know the names of common meds used. If I get more info, I'll post it.

Can anyone here help?