What medications can cause night sweats?

HeadStarter 10 Jul 2012

Hi dschaeff - It is hard to say because hyperhidrosis is noted as a condition in the subject line. Do you have that as primary or secondary caused by another condition? There are a lot of medications (too many to list) that have that noted as an adverse side effect. Also, beings I don't know whether you are a man or a woman... sweating and especially the night sweats is common for women going through menopause. That can also go on for years... I also saw your other post where you ask about a certain medication potentially causing night sweats. And, that isn't one of the side effects noted for that medication. It would be helpful when asking a question if you can make it "conversational" because we can only respond once each for whomever sees the post when it is posted as "direct"... just for your information.

smileyhappy 11 Jul 2012

Hi there,

I know when I was on Effexor I had really bad night sweats! Now I'm menopausal so I get it from that!