Skip to Content

Medications make mala-absorption of triglycerides to control fatty liver?

Responses (1)

suzanne66 2 Dec 2009

No standard treatment for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease exists.
Instead, doctors typically work to treat the risk factors that contribute to your liver disease. For instance, if you're obese, your doctor will help you to lose weigh through diet, exercise.

Possible drug treatment may include Insulin-sensitizing agents, such as the two new thiazolidinediones, pioglitazone (Actos) and rosiglitazone (Avandia), and metformin (Glucophage) may be of use and medications that lower lipids such as the statin drugs. Drugs such as Orlistat that blocks some of the fat that you eat, keeping it from being absorbed by your body may also be useful.

See: - click on the individual drugs for more information.

See also: free discount card

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions