What medication do you fell is best for Multiple Sclerosis???

eman10375 9 Jul 2016

My mother has MS. She has been stable now for 3 years since diagnosis with Copaxone. From what I understand, it is very tolerable and safe. She used to inject once daily until they came out with the 3 times weekly dose. Some of the oral medications can have severe side effects, but you must weigh benefit vs. risk with your neurologist based on your particular situation. There is not any one medication that works best in all patients. My mother sees her neurologist regularly and he follows her closely for any changes in symptoms or MRI changes. Fortunately, she has been very stable with minimal change.

Ms Scott 9 Jul 2016

I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in January of 2010 I have taken Copaxone in the past and it was with was not strong enough for me but after I took Avonex and Rebiff... Now I am on a medication called Gilenya and its pill form... I will say the pill forms are a whole lot easier because you don't have to worry about the bruises and knots that the injections leave... I have been on the Gilenya for a little over 2 & a half years now... My reason for asking a question about other people thoughts concerning the medications is because I have tried so many...