Hello everyone ; This is my first endeavor seeking answers to my plight.. I hope that there is ample information for you to assist in my search ?? If not, please ask me ?? I had always been an overactive extremely healthy individual.. Even with these issues I was still active and 185 lb.s at 50 years old.. As the issues progressed I found myself becoming a hermit, a prisoner to my maladies and gaining almost fifty pounds at my heaviest.. I realize that I need to become more active however it is more than difficult when I cannot walk a quarter mile without debilitating pain.. I have always been the push through it type of person, however there came a time when I just could not even greet the day.. I cannot equate that to anything that has happened to me, both physically and emotionally.. My get up and go has got up and went.. The sad truth is I have lost my will, even worse, I have lost my want.. Pain has defeated desire..
I am a 56 year old male with : chronic pain syndrome, degenerative disc disease,(lumbar and cervical spine) my neuro/spinal surgeon told me he will not operate until I'm in a chair.. Peripheral Neuropathy, COPD, Ramsay Hunt Syndrome, impingement in my right shoulder and a variety of other issues that contribute to a poor quality of life.. Don't misunderstand, I happen to live life in the moment and thank the powers that be for my sense of human and my Joie de vivre.. Without which, and more over the love of a wonderful woman that I question what I possibly could have done to deserve her, I would have taken a lead pill long ago..
My medications are as follows ; 180mg of MS Contin, 3600mg of Gabapentin, 200mg of Colace, 1.0mg of Ativan, 40mg of Famotidine, 30mg of Flexeril daily.. Also 5% Lidocaine Patch PRN, 25 MCG/HR Fentanyl Patch (1 every three days), Albuterol Sulfate Inhalation Aerosol PRN, Capsaison0.25% Cream 60GM every two hours PRN.. I also supplement my diet with a variety of vitamins and minerals as well as Glucosamine & Chondroitin 1500 mg/1200 mg..
My reason for the question is that I have recently been diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma.. The Doctors have found a 3 1/2 centimeter tumor on my right kidney, surgery is being scheduled for sometime in September.. My Urologist is putting together his surgical team, to include another surgeon from out of state who has some equipment not available here at Maine General in Augusta, our newest and best cancer / all encompassing hospital.. "MaineGeneral bets big on new, $312 million Augusta hospital".. Google this for an article and video..
I was on Avinza for several years, with oxycodone for breakthru pain, lost my insurance and could not afford the almost $800.00 a month for it and my doctor prescribed the MS Contin at a cost of $58.00 a month.. I have been taking the MS Contin for 8 or 9 years and am concerned that it contributed to the tumor.. Are any of you familiar with this situation and can you lend your expertise ?? Does anyone have any experience with MS Contin contributing to cancer and any pain medication that could replace it without these consequences ??
Thank you for any information and inspiration you can send my way..
Kind Regards____
OldGrouch______