This is a med so expensive is there a substute for symbyax that will do the same?

Marvell 19 Feb 2012

There is no substitute for Symbyax yet but you could always take the fluoxetine and olanzapine separately.

Symbyax contains a combination of fluoxetine and olanzapine. Fluoxetine is an antidepressant in a group of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Olanzapine is an antipsychotic medication. These drugs affect chemicals in the brain.

Symbyax is used to treat depression caused by bipolar disorder (manic depression). Symbyax is also used to treat depression after at least 2 other medications have been tried without successful treatment of symptoms.

https://www.drugs.com/symbyax.html

Anonymous 19 Feb 2012

There are usually patient assistance programs for people that can't afford their medication.If you know the manufacutrer which should be on your bottle, you can google the manufacturer, & see if they have a patient assitance program. They usually have some perimeters as to income etc,,, but will work with you. I have a list of some of the assistance programs, so if you would like maybe I can help by giving you the number to call. I don't have them all, but I am not famililar with you particular drug. Just a thought...

Anonymous 19 Feb 2012

Eli Lilley is the maker & I have a phone number you can call for assistance in paying for this drug. It is: 1-800-545-6962. It's called Lilley Cares Program. Good luck... Mary