What is the maximum daily dose of combined oxycodone products for a 160 lb male with severe cancer?

Anonymous 16 Mar 2013

Don't even consider a max dose in this instance. The dose can go very high and should be increased as it is needed to control the pain. I have seen some narcotics doses in cancer patients that ordinarily would be enough to knock out a whole football team.

kitty k 20 Mar 2013

I've been told that 120 mg is enough oxycodone for one person a day. However, it depends on your tolerance and pain level. This question really should be discussed with your pain management Dr. I can tell you I've taken more than that in one day, but slept through most of it...

The main thing you want to worry about is breathing problems, and of course, building up a tolerance... So keep it as low as possible for as long as possible ... because eventually (hopefully), there will be withdrawl.