Maxalt-MLT - I am taking Neurotin everyday, three times a day, how will this affect taking Maxalt?

kaismama 5 Jul 2012

It should not effect it at all.

butterflylynn 5 Jul 2012

Susie,

I have been on Neurontin for about 12 yrs & I have taken Maxalt for about 6 months & there is no interaction between the two medications. I assume that your dr. was also aware that you were taking Neurontin already & did not mention anything to watch out for?

Unfortunately the Maxalt did not work for my chronic migraines, but each individual reacts differently.
But if you find out it is not working for you. Ask your dr. about Zomig which comes in pills & nasal spray. I found that the Zomig nasal spray works within 10 min. & gets rid of the migraines usually with one to two doses very effectively. Good luck migraines are very hard to treat as you know. But there are so many different medications you can try. Also make sure to ask your dr. for samples at first that way you can try before you pay for a prescription.
Best of luck & if I can be of anymore help just ask me. Kathy

Susie60 7 Jul 2012

Kathy thank you for the information. This is my first time taking the maxalt. I will ask my dr, about the Zomig spray. I have suffered migranes for about 25 yrs. Take care.
Audrey