How many years can I continue taking Zyprexa? When can I stop?

Stephen Treloar 27 Sep 2016

It really depends on what you are taking it for? If it is effective, years is definitely on the cards. Most people only quit medication if it stops working effectively anymore. I don't know if it has a short term therapeutic use, sorry.

chuck1957 4 Oct 2016

Jack; Just as Stephen has pointed out what you really should do is talk to the doctor your getting this from. And find out if it is safe for you to come off of this. Many people it really does not have a time limit and thinks they are doing so well and stop it. Only to find out that the problems all comeback, Then when they try to go back on the medication it does not work as well. So it all depends on what the condition is you're taking it for and you don't want to go off without your doctor helping you.
P.S. it is never good to just stop this medication you must go off of it slowly which is as I said to be tapered off of with the doctor's help. Best of luck. Chuck1957