How many deaths have been reported in 2014 from incorrect prescription information?

kaismama 6 Nov 2014

I doubt you'll find any statistics from this year, its not over yet. I don't know if there are records of prescriptions being in error. There are reports of medication errors. There are an estimated 7000 errors a year. This includes all modalities of errors. Many of these are because the drs handwriting is horrible or he uses some obscure abbreviation when ordering. Many are ones in facilities, the patient gets the wrong drug, or wrong dose. I once was asked to read a drs order because I had worked with the dr for years, and I couldn't read it. I took the order to the dr, he was still In the facility, and he couldn't read it.