I got the Mirena inserted about a month ago, and at first it was great, I had minor cramps the day of and after that no cramps whatsoever or spotting. However, once I started my period about two weeks later, the cramps were MUCH worse than my usual period. Normally I only have minor cramps the first day, but now they are moderate and last the entire time...

The main issue I'm having now is that since my period started I haven't stopped bleeding. At this point it is just minor spotting, and I understand this could last for a while (some posts I read said it could last for a year! praying that doesn't happen... ) but the thing is, the bleeding is too light to comfortably wear a tampon (what I normally do on my period) and on top of pads being annoying, I had the realization that if this lasts for months it's gonna end up costing me a lot of money... does anyone have any suggestions on a cheaper way to deal with the constant spotting??

thanks for any advice!! much appreciated :)