Does meloxicam help with regular pain?

chuck1957 22 Jul 2017

First, it does work best for joint and pain with inflammation but yes it would help with regular pain too. But this medication should never be taken more than what the bottle says there are 2 strengths and I believe the 15mg is the strongest and never TAKE MORE THAN THAT IN ONE DAY. And if that is not doing it for you. it is time to go back and see the doctor.

hawkins54 22 Jul 2017

I have been on meloxicam for 8 months for avn and Osteo arthritis. I didn't notice any pain relief while on it and continued taking prescribed pain medication as well. You need to have a rest from this drug due to side effects and I am now, 2 months on and then 2 months off. I do notice a difference in pain levels when I am not on it. As it is a strong anti inflammatory drug, it helps in this regard, but often is not enough. Hope this helps. Lisa