Malarone - I have hep c,has anybody taken this med.with hep c.and what were your side effects like?

Marvell 27 Jan 2011

It's unfortunate that no one has responded with their experience.

Malarone is contraindicated in Liver Disease so I don't know whether you should take it. Please ensure that your doctor monitors you while you are taking this... and only take it after the risks verses benefits are weighed up.

https://www.drugs.com/disease-interactions/atovaquone-proguanil,malarone.html

caringsonbj 27 Jan 2011

it does mention liver disease but it doesn't come right out and say contraindicated with people with hepatitis, it warns against using in people who are vomiting and some other things but I believe in being safe I think just to be sure it would be a good idea to ask the physician then that way he will guide you as to whether it is safe or not, when I note liver problems and then questions about hepatitis thats a question in my mind sorry I could not be more exact best wishes