What to do to make someone to stop taking tramadol pills ???

kaismama 21 Dec 2012

I need a little more info, are they taking it for pain prescribed from a doc or are they abusing tramadol they get elsewhere?

nafad9098 21 Dec 2012

No They are abusing It .

kaismama 21 Dec 2012

Unfortunately you can't force people to stop a bad habit. They will have to see the problems it is creating for them and those around them. High doses of tramadol can cause seizures. Support groups for the people around them are helpful. You learn how not to enable them, and help you cope.

Anonymous 21 Dec 2012

Hello nafad9098. If you believe a person is addicted to the drug, if able, have the person enter a detoxification program. Regards pledge

Anonymous 21 Dec 2012

Anonymous 22 Dec 2012

Tramadol can have horrible side effects if stopped to quickly, landing some in the hospital. I believe the only way to get someone to stop is they need to want to stop, you can't make them. They need to seek a doctors help to get off this med for reasons already mentioned. Do you know how much and for how long they've been taking it?

Delila 22 Dec 2012

Hi, Tramadol can be a horrible drug to become dependent to and discontinuing use can be extremely difficult. As the others have said, the person needs to WANT to stop. I used to be addicted and have a friend who still is. The problem for me is that i couldn't see the down side as they made me feel so good. But i couldn't see at the time how the Tramadol affected my personality and how i was living my life (destructively), let alone the damage i was doing to my liver and other organs, especially massively altering my brain chemistry. It is such a slippery slope, and the sooner your friend(?) can stop the better. I just kept increasing my dose to feel the same and got to very dangerous levels. The only way to discontinue use is to taper. If your friend wants to stop, try your best to get him/her to their doctor and explain the situation and ask for a medical taper plan.