First off I'm 66.
Due to a dog bite over 9 months ago I have nerve damage. This nerve damage has hampered my sleeping and had me taking tons of extra strength acetaminophen & percogesic during the day to keep the pain tolerable & leveled out.
Due to my sensitivity try and stay away from prescription drugs since I am very sensitive to prescription meds.
I have tried gabapentin and nortriptyline. Gabapentin's side effects did me in, especially in the memory area. Nortriptyline had me scratching . Neither one did anything for the pain.
Now I've been on lyrica for 14 days. 4 or 5 days in I noticed I was not taking as much acetaminophen & percogesic. I'm still only on the night time dosage since the the day time dosage really did me in. Today I have been walking around like a drunken sailor. To top it off I have been realizing my memory is really screwed up too.
Any suggestions or Is it time to just give up on prescription medcines for my nerve damage??
Any input from anyone with similar problems would be greatly appreciated.