Hi, I am wondering if anyone has had this problem before or if anyone has any advice on what it could be.

I am 22 years old and have been with my partner for 3.5yrs, for the past 3 years we haven't been able to have sex due to intense pain when inserting (we had great pain free sex before). I have since spoke to my doctor regarding this and was referred to gynaecologist who was very arrogant and said "if you don't use it you lose it" (I was 19 at the time) I was then referred to the local family planning clinic and on the first visit she examined me and put it all down to involuntary muscle spasms and sent me home with dilators. I have to admit we haven't been using the dilators every single day and sometimes due to the pain I had to take a break. We have been using the dilators almost every day for the past few months again and I just feel like I am getting nowhere, one day I can do great and try the biggest size I was given (despite the pain) and other I struggle with the middle sized one.
My partner has always said "it feels like there is something blocking me from inserting" and I can feel it too. When using the dilator and even tampons I can see that they change direction after I have inserted a little.
Tonight for the first time in years I plucked up the courage to let my boyfriend apply some lube to the inside of my vagina opening (we thought this might help with dilators) he told me he could feel a "lump" which felt "like a bone" only about one inch inside that was roughly the size of his finger tip, he can get his finger passed it but if he touches it I will scream at him to get out! The pain is unbearable and I don't think this is involuntary muscle spasms.
I am planning to phone the family planning clinic tomorrow to set up an appointment but i wont get one until Thursday and I REALLY want to know what this is.
I'm wondering if anyone on here has had the same or similar problem?

Thanks so much for any responses x