Hi everyone!

Recently I've gone to donate plasma, or try too.
The first time I attempted to they tested my blood and I just barely was able to because my protein was 8.9 and my hematocrit was 49.
I got hooked up and into my first return cycle I instantly got hot, sweaty, my chest hurt, my breathing was rapid and I could barely call out for someone. When they came over to me I was have difficulty speaking/breathing and keeping my eyes open and just fell asleep shortly after. I woke up with ice packs and was told I'd have to try to donate later so I left and went back the other day and to make sure I ate a big meal and to drink enough before coming in.
(Which I had, stuffed peppers w/ garlic, cherry tomatoes, a handful of dried cranberries, 2 slices of bread, 1 glass almond milk, 4 glasses of water).

I had my blood tested again. I had eaten enough and definitely drank more than I needed too since my pee was running clear. I wasn't even allowed to donate this time because my protein was at 10.5 this time while my hemotrocite lowered to 44.

I'm currently taking Neurontin for moderate to severe back pain I started having about 3 months ago, Is this something that could be elevating my protein levels?

Is there anything else I could be doing to lower my protein levels? I really would like to donate, even if it's just going to a blood drive and it's frustrating not being able to lower it.