I love Nuvigil but it causes terrible bad breath. Does anyone know how to prevent this?

Stephen Treloar 8 Nov 2017

Bad breath (or halitosis) is not a recognised side effect of the medication although a dry mouth is and that can lead to severe bacterial build up. Get a tongue scraper and some betadine mouthwash. Oral hygiene should be a law, not just a good idea.

el brillo 8 Nov 2017

Clearly I have had a reaction to Nuvigil that is not listed as a recognized side effect. None the less, is was one I experienced. This was I repeat a side effect of taking Nuvigil (as it happened to me repeatedly with this drug), not a situation caused by my neglect of oral hygiene. Nor could it be rectified by a tongue scraper or mouthwash. Stephan Treloar should not be commenting on questions if he is not familiar with the subject matter.