Skip to Content

Looking for a much better way to treat varicose veins in the legs?

Responses (3)

Rajive Goel 30 Jul 2011

I suffer from varicose veins, there are two ways that have been suggested by my doc.

1. To take a 'water pill' - diuretic
2. To get special shoes & stockings

Kindly share what meds or treatment do you take? Thanks, take care.

caringsonbj 30 Jul 2011

Good morning Rajive-Hope all is well and have a good week end-

Rajive Goel 1 Aug 2011

Thanks, Billy all is well mate, you too hope had a good week end? Rajive

caringsonbj 30 Jul 2011

my 93 y/o momma has severe varicouse veins they as Rajive said directics, prescription hosiery with compression levels according to your situation, sometimes when they are severe enough surgical intervention is required and I even had a friend at the hospital where I volunterred to have injections into the area where the vein is to make them dissolve. In my momma's case blood circulates down into the legs but does not return back up, there are exercises like (a friend suggested this in such a case) with shoes off moving the foot pretend you are writing the alphabet this forces the blood to better circulate upwards (can't take credit for that but since so many things have failed in my mommas case we are giving that a try. and as always have a conversation with you doctor about other ideas that fit your situation. I wish you the very best

varanandy 20 Nov 2012

Well, compression stockings may help relieve the pain and swelling in your legs caused by your varicose veins. Talking to a qualified doctor is the ideal solution for your needs, just visit at The Vein Care Center clinic. free discount card

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions