I can no longer afford Amlodipine and would like to know if there is a suitable substitute. Thanks?

kaismama 3 Jul 2012

As far as a substitute it would help to know why you are taking it. If you are getting the generic and are paying more then about $25 for 90 you are paying too much. Norvasc, the brand name, is significantly more expensive.
If you live within reach of a Walgreen's its worth checking out what price the generic would be with membership to their program. I pay $25 a year and save several hundred dollars a yr with it.

Anonymous 3 Jul 2012

Hello NancyTruncale. I would contact the manufacturer of Norvasc. Pfizer Laboratories. They offer assistance to those with I believe have high co-pays as well as those without insurance. 1-888-327-7787 Regards, pledge

dayelilly 23 Jun 2013

I paid only $7 at Walmart. I don't have any insurance and have a RX saving care on file. You can print one off the internet and it can save you a lot of money. Try "myrxcard.com". They say the generic costs is $7.33 for 30 day supply and about $17 for 90 days. Hope this helps.