How long should you take harvoni after no hep c virus is detected?

chuck1957 6 Apr 2016

Dce; There are many different ways of taking this medication this all depends on the doctor and if anything else he or she is looking for you should call the office and double check with them. You don't want to mess up your treatment. Congratulations hope you well be able to go off soon and have no worries. Chuck1957

Stephen Treloar 7 Apr 2016

You have to take the full course, as some people clear the virus within 2 weeks, it is critically important that you take the 12 or 24 weeks to make sure it has been blitzed. People who discontinue early have a high relapse rate. Only stop on medical advice from you liver doctor or liver clinic.

Stephen Treloar 22 Apr 2016

I actually am starting Harvoni soon (change in public funding in AU) and am scheduled for 24 weeks already. I don't care if it's nasty; if they want 24 weeks of commitment, they'll get it. After all it cant be as bad as the Peg interferon and Ribavirin combo was.

Cherylgorsuch 22 Apr 2016

My Dr has me on a 3 month treatment plan. Tested negative at 30 days , but still have to finish 3 month treatment. After that blood work then again every 3 months Twice , she's says the incubation period is 180 days and wants to make sure there is no more virus in my body. After that I will be considered cured!!!

Chickiebabe 7 May 2016

Definitely 24weeks as there's a higher relapse rate with 8-12wk treatments. Seems to return 3-6months after finishing the shorter treatments.

Dce16136 8 May 2016

Just finished the 12 week my doc hsd me on. She doesnt recommend 24 weeks had trouble with blood pressure. None detected at 30 days. Hope its all good