I also take Wellbutrin SR. I was given the Wellbutrin SR to help the Strattera that I was taking to be more effective. The Strattera wasn't cutting it, so that was switched to the Adderall XR. I was left on the Wellbutrin SR. I also take 0.5 mg of Clonazepam 3 times a day for anxiety (it also helps with menopausal symptoms, especially hot flashes.) I believe that getting my official diagnosis at the age of 55 has compounded matters. I had self diagnosed ADD in my twenties but had no idea what it fully encompassed. My symptoms increased with the onset of menopause, but they skyrocketed when I became caffeine sensitive and had to cut my coffee consumption to about a tenth of what it was. I didn't realize that I had been self medicating with caffeine since I was 14 years old. I also did not realize that the ADHD affects literally every aspect of my life. (I wish I had known that 2 husbands and dozens of jobs ago.) At least I now know that I'm "not just a screw up". That there was a reason why I am the way I am. My insurance does not cover a life coach and I'm not sure that it even covers therapy. I really can't afford to pay for those luxuries, as I am currently unemployable in my present circumstances. (I hurt my foot/ankle in 2013 & it left me with 30% permanent partial disability. Therefore, I can not function in a job requiring me to be on my feet all day.) An office job is out of the question under my current circumstances.
So, how long before this works fully, providing that it will? (I'd like to know before I lose husband #3.) There are no support groups in this area. I live in a rural community where a large portion of the population still does not believe that it exists.