How long did user have to be on Xyrem before they experienced changes?

ElizaJane23 23 Aug 2013

Hi - I've been on it for 5 weeks now and haven't noticed any improvement. I'm sleeping 8-9 hours a night, after only sleeping 3-4 hours a night for years. You would think this would help! And when the Xyrem Success Center (!) called me for their update they had to send a report to the DEA stating that I haven't had any improvement yet. So what - will the DEA take it away from me? Is there a certain time you get to try it, and then it's pulled if you don't experience some help? I don't want to say the wrong thing and have it taken away right before it kicks in and helps, ya know? I read somewhere that it takes 6 months to erase your sleep debt. Take care - EJ23

London79 20 Jul 2014

Xyrem works quickly if you take it on any empty stomach (your dr should have told you this) you should stop eating 2 hrs before you take it you should take it in bed cause it kicks in rather quickly for most people (for me it takes awhile) you should have your second dose made and your alarm set for it before you take your first dose. Follow those directions and I promise you'll see results within a week. The dea isn't going to do a thing it's just a very tightly controlled drug don't abuse it and don't share follow exact instructions on bottle and you safe