What long term damage to the body can be caused by aspartame and similar substitutes for sugar?

wannabbetter 25 Feb 2016

Hi,

Here's a link to one of many articles that says why aspartame is bad for you and long term effects. Diet Pepsi replaced aspartame for Splenda. Aspartame is still in Diet Coke.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/01/12/aspartame-effects.aspx

A lot of people have stopped drinking beverages w/artificial sweeteners. I suppose a lot depends on the quantity consumed. Of course plain water is always recommended (except for nausea). However, there are so many food additives like trans fat, processed food like crackers and cookies, & high fructose corn syrup that it is hard to determine which is doing the most damage. Anyway, now is the time to cut back or not consume any of the sugar substitutes. However, in my opinion, I would not worry about it unless you drank 5 diet cokes a day for many years.