Are there any guidelines which advise hospital pain specialists when to recognise that pain drugs being administered for chronic severe pain is not effective and that a change is required? Do hospitals, NHS and Private have their own guidelines or is there a NHS or Private Healthcare overall system?
Any links to information will be very much appreciated