How long does it take for the pain to go away after having an IUD placed?

TabbyCat1010 8 days ago

My pain lasted about 4 hours and was really just discomfort. My OB gave me 800mg of ibuprofen. I also have a tilted uterus so it was abbot more difficult to place.

chuck1957 5 days ago

Nichol' here is some info; on one of the IUD'S it says you should not be feeling much pain after 1/2 hour and is the doctor going to check it in a few weeks? but if you are still having problems Monday call the office. Here is the info from our site here drugs.com(You may feel pain or dizziness during insertion of the intrauterine device. You may also have minor vaginal bleeding. Tell your doctor if you still have these symptoms longer than 30 minutes.

The Skyla IUD should not interfere with sexual intercourse, wearing tampons, or using other vaginal medications recommended by your doctor.

After each menstrual period, make sure you can still feel the removal strings. Wash your hands with soap and water, and insert your clean fingers into the vagina. You should be able to feel the strings at the opening of your cervix. Call your doctor at once if you cannot feel the strings, or if you think the device has slipped lower in your uterus or out of your uterus. A sudden increase in menstrual flow may be a sign that the device has slipped out of place. Best of luck and Merry Christmas, Chuck1957