How long should my hair continue to fall out after quiting methotrexate?

Marvell 20 Mar 2013

What were you taking methotrexate for and how long did you take it for?

karslake 20 Mar 2013

I have RA and I was taking 3 tablets at 2.5 MG every Saturday for 6 months. I quit taking methotrexate 4 months ago and my daily hair loss has not decreased. I am wondering how long will the hair loss continue?

Marvell 21 Mar 2013

It's hard to say exactly when you hair will stop falling ... but it will eventually. Plus everyone is different. I know a little girl who has leukemia. She was on higher strengths for a long time but her hair stopped falling (sort of stabilized) even while she was taking methotrexate.

gammich15683 28 Mar 2013

I have only been on methotraxine for 1 week and i take my next dose tomorrow perscribed 6 pills at 2.5 mg and of course folic acid 1 mg daily i have been experiencing nausia and some dizziness no hair loss that i have noticed can i expext any more side effects the longer i am on this med does anyone have any thing about this medication i also have an eye operation cummin up will this be a problem any information or any first hand info by people on thid med would also be appreciated im new here and this is first post ty LL and im looking forward to being a member here :):)