I have SEVERE fear of flying. I mean to the point the stewardesses find doctors on board, get the oxygen tank out etc. Full on panic attacks making the rest of the plane start panicking! It's funny to think about now I'm not on a plane, but at the time in my head the plane is going down and I'm gonna die!
Anyway, on short flights I usually have a few vodkas before and on the flight. But this time I can't do that.
The flight is 1.5 hours long. I have been prescribed 0.5mg of Xanax to take an hour before the flight, will this be enough? Will I be level headed 7-8 hours after taking it?
For this length of flight I would usually take the vodka route but need to be as with it as possible later that day. So how I will I be 7-8 hours after taking the Xanax?
Am I better off taking the Xanax or drinking a decent amount of vodka - which me leave me in a better state 7-8 hours later? I'm new to Xanax so really don't know what to expect, but I'm assuming it must be better than recovering from a good drink without having sleep?!
Any information on what to expect would be appreciated!