... For the better part of 30 years, I have suffered from depression. In 2009, I was involved in a very serious auto accident that left my body broken and my brain damaged. About 2 months after my accident I had a mental breakdown and found myself in the local mental health facility, where I was prescribed Cymbalta.
Within a few weeks I started to feel “normal” for the first time in my life. I was having some side effects but was assured that once the medicine was well into my system the side effects would abate. The vomiting started before I left the hospital and has not stopped for 6 years. As did the bladder irritation. Why did I keep taking it? Well, another Psychiatrist told me that the continued vomiting could not possibly be from the Cymbalta it must be from my head injury and the pills were increased. I saw an urologist that said my bladder irritation was interstitial cystitis and gave me yet another pill that made me even sicker so I stopped taking it.
Four years ago I woke up to welts all over my hands that didn’t go away for some time so back to the doctor I went. I was then sent to a rheumatologist that for a year suspected Lupus, for the next year it was RA, then just to make sure she covered her bases she suspected HAE. This whole time the welts are getting worse and again the Cymbalta was increased to help with my constant joint and muscle pain.
In October of 2014 I forgot to take my Cymbalta for 3 or 4 days which sent me down a deep hole and a half of a bottle of muscle relaxers.
It was recently brought to my attention that Cymbalta causes giant hives and severe vomiting (even after six years). Now I am 5 days off and I feel like electrodes are connected to me, I cannot stop crying, and I have wet my pants two times today but hey I haven’t puked!!!
I guess feeling “normal” just wasn’t in the cards for me because thanks to whomever is to blame I will never take even an aspirin after this!