How long does it take for butrans patch to be noticed or for you to feel anything from it?

Lisa01 1 Aug 2015

It took me about 8 hours or so to really notice my pain had decreased. By the morning of the next day it was much more noticeable. But I probably reacted more slowly because I had been taking a narcotic pain reliever also which I wanted to reduce down to occasional breakthrough use as opposed to continual use. I really liked the butrans, but unfortunately turned out to be allergic to it. Since it's not a narcotic, you don't have some of the side effects that you get with those. The biggest problem I encountered (besides the price) was the patches seemed to wear off in about 5 days when they're supposed to be worn for 7. But I've seen from other comments here that's not an uncommon problem. Of course I didn't graduate to more than the 15 mg patch before my allergy to it stopped it's use. Maybe at a higher mg that becomes less of a problem. It's a good medication if you can use it. I wish you good luck with it.