I was prescribed 500 mg of amoxicillin four times a day for 7 days. I'm currently on my third dose and have not had a reaction yet. When I was younger I remember being told I had an allergic reaction to amoxicillin and cephalosporins. However as an adult I think I may have taken amoxicillin and been fine? I don't really remember. So my question is if I'm fine at my third dose does this mean I'm ok or that at least I won't go into anaphylactic shock?
The first time I had Amoxicillin, I broke out with a terrible rash after just one pill! The rash was terrible and 100x as bad as what I was being treated for. Turns out I was allergic to Penicillin. If you are terribly allergic, I believe you will know right away. Hope this helps. StarGlitter
- Amoxicillin Information for Consumers
- Amoxicillin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Amoxicillin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Wife's allergic to amoxicillin,says if it touches her skin she will have an allergic reaction?T or F
Updated 3 May 2015 • 5 answers
Updated 20 Jun 2015 • 1 answer
Updated 30 Sep 2015 • 1 answer
Updated 25 Oct 2016 • 2 answers
Updated 4 Apr 2017 • 1 answer