... answers.

I have end stage NASH (Non Alcohol Steroidal Hepatitis) and I'm scheduled to get a TIP put in on Monday 10/13/14 as the stomach Taps are producing less results than what my doctor believed it should. Right now, I'm having two stomach Taps a week, producing anywhere between 6.6 and 8.2 of fluid. On Wednesday, I had a Tap done and the pain was excruciating. The doctor informed me that as time went on, it would get more and more painful, due to the build up of scar tissue. I just about passed out from the pain on Wednesday, it was THAT bad.

My question is this; How long will I be able to go, without a stomach Tap, before it becomes absolutely urgent for me to get one done?

The acites is really bad in my legs and feet. But just the thought of going in for another Tap brings me to such fear that I feel like I'm going to pass out. The pain from my last Tap was unbearable, and I screamed out from the pain. I said "No more" when I left, but I started wondering, how long a person in my condition can go without having the dreaded stomach Tap? What are the alternatives?

I'm having the TIP put in, but it won't take full effect for a month, I'm wondering can I cease the Taps for a month?

Thank you in advance for any responses