I have been on linaclotide for about a month and thought it was starting to work after the initial side effects had worn off. However now I am constantly thirsty, have stomach cramps and bloating, pass lots of gas, which embarassing, have indigestion and am still constipated. These symptoms worsen after drinking alcohol and or spicy food. I feel like I did before taking tablets and am also more irritable, constantly tired and losing weight. Should I continue to take tablets
Linaclotide -constantly thirsty, stomach cramps, bloating, pass lots of gas, and still constipated?
- 4 Nov 2013 by georgia6484
- 4 November 2013
- indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation - chronic, side effect, gas, cramp, linaclotide, stomach cramp, stomach, symptom
- Linaclotide Information for Consumers
- Linaclotide Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Linaclotide (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 5 Oct 2011 • 5 answers
Have been taking Linaclotide for 2 1/2 weeks now. I am struggling to find a happy balance. I take 1?
Posted 24 Aug 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 15 Mar 2016 • 1 answer
Posted 24 Mar 2016 • 1 answer
Posted 13 Mar 2018 • 0 answers