I have had chronic canker sores my entire life. They are PAINFUL, usually quite large, and take a very long time to heal, usually with new ones developing as the old ones are healed.

I've been to numerous doctors, taken plenty of blood tests, have always come back with healthy results and absolutley no one can tell me what, if anything, is wrong with me.

The closest thing I've found is when I have spicy food, which I accredit for my good health, even if it causes flare ups.

Not only do my canker sores sometimes take weeks to heal, but absolutley NOTHING alleviates the pain.

But then I discovered Lidocaine Viscous (Lidocaine Hydrochloride 2%) serum that my doctor prescribed me for a strep throat infection. I decided to try it on my canker sores and it INSTANTLY healed all my pain. Applying it directly on the sores IMMEDIATLEY numbed the canker sore and lasted most of the day. I only reapplied once more.

But I'm wondering if it's too good to be true. Are there side effects to this numbing solution? I have a hard time believing something exists that removes a kind of oral pain that has crippled me my entire life.