Where can I get librax for my daughter who has been complaing of ulcers?

Rajive Goel 25 Jun 2012

Librax is not available in the US, you would have to find its generic version which is: chlordiazepoxide HCI clidinium bromide capsules.

Perhaps calling up a pharmacy maybe of great help, take care.

Best wishes!

meyati 26 Jun 2012

Costco pharmacy--- if you live near one. It goes by 2 or more different names-so say-"Librax" or "generic Librax" it goes by Clidinium Dia-something or the other, chlordiazspoxide-clidinium OCE-that's what I'm holding in my hand right now. Right now it's really cheap- less than 30 cents a pill-about 4 years ago I was paying over $3.00 a pill if I was lucky-and I took 2 or 3 a day. If you don't live around a Costco-explain your situation and have your doctor help you find it. Walgreens was charging me about $5 a pill-then they said nobody had it. My doctor found out that Costco carries it. At first I had to wait until they got it in, but now they keep it in stock. I don't know why but lots of big city cops- and military pilots and special forces use it. It has 2 depressents in it-foxglove and the other thing. It depends which comapny a pharmacy gets the meds from as each company has to give it a different name. My current doctor mended my chart as it looked like I was taking a ton of different meds- and now chart says-generic Librax-and people can figure that one out. The problem is in getting a doctor to prescribe it-as it's not on the medicare formulary. I went into a senior plan- and I had a big fight. They don't pay for it, as medicare doesn't approve of it. I told them it's their job to keep me well- and I pay for it, have been paying for it, and it's cheaper than an ER-and I'm not hiding anything, so write me the prescription or I'll just move into the ER with a bucket for my diarrhea. When you put it that way-they write up a prescription really fast. Say Librax or some doctors think that you're a doper looking for illegal meds because of all of the different names. My pharmacist thinks it's hilarious that anybody thinks that it does anything to make it a street drug- no high- no brain farts- no hallucination- it only has value for people with severe stomach problems-I have IBS. I'm looking and I need a refill for July and August. My doctor is nice, and he writes a script for as many as possible - for as many months as possible-so neither one of has to eal with idiots in my HMO.