Hi everyone. I deal with generalized anxiety with symptoms such as: ruminating thoughts, biting nails and nervous tics, social anxiety, aversion to leaving the house or answering phone calls, nervous sweating alongside hot flashes. My psychiatrist tried me on Paxil, then Prestiq, and now Lexapro.

I took the lowest 5 mg of Lexapro for a couple weeks and then moved up to 10 mg. I have now been on the 10 mg for about 6 weeks. My general anxiety has reduced and it has become easier to leave the house, answer the phone or talk to strangers without as much internal resistance. I also don't feel the need to work as much (which I'm not sure is a good thing or a bad thing since I own a business.) I do care more about cleaning my house and eating regular meals. Those are all positive effects. Neutral effects are that I continue to have nervous tics.

The negative effects are bad dreams at night alongside strong feelings of "I don't want to wake up" in the morning. Also, I have a general sense of dis-contentedness and feeling lazy/unmotivated. Sometimes it even comes in a wave of existential despair that leaves pretty quickly, but most of the time it is just a general feeling of things being incomplete. I really don't know if I can live with that nagging feeling. I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced these feelings after being on Lexapro long enough to acclimate to the medication.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!