I’ve been on Lexapro for almost 10 years now. Most of that time was spent on 10 mg and it worked well. I was on 15 mg for a year or so and for the last 6 months of that I was also taking 40 mg of Prilosec over the counter. Unbeknownst to me that was a dangerous combination and the Prilosec actually made the levels of the drug were actually higher in my system and staying in longer. Well about 3 months ago I stopped taking the Prilosec and started feeling very bad. I felt at this point the Lexapro just wasn’t working so at that time I was put on 20 mg of Lexapro to see if a dosage increase would help and after 5-6 weeks my psychiatrist upped it to 25 mg as I was still experiencing some anxiety. At that 6 week point I was starting to feel better but did also think I wasn’t quite where I needed to be.

Needless to say it’s been a very hard couple of months. I’ve felt very spacy and at times dizzy. I’ve had some ocular symptoms such as burning eyes and excessive squinting/blinking. My libido is way down and overall I just feel very blah and maybe a bit depressed. I’m tired all the time and I don’t feel like doing much. It’s weird I can make it through the weeks ok at work then I crash on the weekends.

So my question is at this point is it possible I’m going through my body adjusting to this dose again or should I try another med? Currently doing 25 mg Lexapro at night with .5 ativan as needed. I’m taking the Ativan at most once a day and usually just a half of a pill. Usually once every 3-4 days.