Lexapro - Has anyone experienced weight loss or weight gain?

WildcatVet 5 Sep 2017

*Metabolic
Common (1% to 10%): Decreased appetite, increased appetite, weight increased*

But notice that this applies to a small minority of users. I'm one of the lucky 90% ~ 99% that had no effect on my weight taking Lexapro.

Best regards, Wildcat

saparsells 5 Sep 2017

I think it has a lot to do with what dosage you are on. I did gain about 15 pounds when I was on 20mg. I was able to take it off by watching what I was eating and not snack so much.

WildcatVet 5 Sep 2017

Yes, and 10mg/day is the recommended dose for most people.

saparsells 1 Oct 2017

I gained about 15 lbs, I was able to take it off as well by watching what I was eating and exercising. I am also in 20mg.

CADEFA 12 Sep 2017

Not at all, while some meds can have that effect, not a common thing with lexapro.

Remember, all the meds wont change the laws of thermodynamics, so watch you nutrition and you'll be on your way

Get well!

KendraLea 30 Sep 2017

Do not let anyone tell you that this med does not cause weight changes. I was on it for 15 years and steadily gained weight the whole time. Drs say watch your diet or it's age. You know your body better than anyone. If you're not comfortable with any changes you see, do something about it. I didn't and now I am struggling to take off all of this weight. So far, I am down 13lbs from my heaviest after being completely off for 3 weeks today. Trust your gut.

Bsage 14 Nov 2017

I agree with Kendralea. I've been on lex for the last 10 years and have steadily gained 40lbs. Some of that I attribute to not caring anymore. Lexapro does that. You stop caring. Which is good in some ways, but bad in others. You have to take the good with the bad unfortunately. I've been off for 2 weeks dealing with withdrawals but I've gone off them before and know that those will go away. I want to lose all the weight I've gained and I have no energy when I'm on Lex. Just want to sleep my life away.