So my lexapro has worked amazing for me for over 4 years in dealing with my anxiety and depression. But recently a lot of life changes and stressors have occurred and I also tried switching to a less expensive celexa generic but that went horribly so for 9 weeks I've been back on my lexapro 20mg.

I started feeling much better after a few weeks back on my lexapro, but before it could take its full affect at 8 weeks some family drama went down and my husband and I ended up taking in his 16 year old brother. I was really unhappy with this, and it ended up causing my depression to be too much and my lexapro has really been struggling to help me now. I've lost so much enjoyment for life, it's getting scary.

Last night I forgot to take my lexapro and woke up feeling so depressed. I took it once I remember and an hour later was feeling better. Not perfect, but better. This told me that my lexapro is still working, but it is in fact struggling to keep me level. Which is why my dr prescribed 25mg if seroquel. He said this will really help my lexapro take full affect again.

However I keep reading that it's quite sedative. And I don't have any issues with sleeping at night. In fact, I can fall asleep really fast. So I'm worried this drug will overly sedate me! Is this a valid concern? And will the seroquel really help my depression?