Is Latuda good for mania and racing thoughts?

Anonymous 23 Dec 2012

Hello bbasdogan. In answer to your question, yes it is. It will help to ease both. Regards pledge

bbasdogan3 23 Dec 2012

Thank you so much. i have mania and racing thoughts, i need to clear my mind. hopefully it works for my racing thoughts and mania. thank you again

bbasdogan3 23 Dec 2012

my doctor has not prescribed to me yet, but he mentioned about it. Would you recommend me a good medication with less drowsy side effect please for racing thoughts.i have been on lithium and wellbutrin for 3-4 months. Can you compare tegretal and Latuda please?Thank you again

bprob 29 Jan 2014

My answer is no. Latuda made me feel more manic. I had to cut back on antidepressants after starting Latuda in order to feel more stable. Latuda does make me feel less depressed though.

mandispangler 12 Feb 2015

Latuda should not be used to control manic symptoms especially as mono-therapy. It is an effective drug for Bipolar depression and mood maintenance in conjunction with other mood stabilizing drugs. The anti-depressant effects can exacerbate manic symptoms, however.