I do well on Latuda for bipolar disorder but need to find a less expensive medication?

Anonymous 12 Sep 2015

I did very well on Risperdal for years. I had no insurance so had to pay out of pocket. Best cash price was Costco mail order, very cheap. But the problem with Risperdal for me was weight gain. I'm now transitioning to Latuda and pray that won't be an issue. Go to Latuda website, they have a great discount program if you qualify. Wish you well.

silkfansoap 12 Sep 2015

Thank you so much for your comment, however, I have tried risperdal and it did not help me. I do not qualify for any Latuda
discount because I am on medicare ss disability. My Dr. started me on a new drug 2 weeks ago called Fetzima. You start at 20mgs. going up to 80mgs. within one month. I am now in the middle, at 40mgs. and I can tell a difference already. I was in a deep, clinical depression and feel myself coming out of it. The good news is that it comes in generic form and it is not expensive. The other good news is that many people lose weight on it. It speeds up your metabolism and sometimes can cause a fast heart rate. People with heart problems cannot take this drug. If you can't afford Latuda, this could be another option for you. Good luck!

smileyhappy 13 Sep 2015

I know lithium is cheap in Canada not sure if it's cheap in the U S though.

Smileyhappy

silkfansoap 13 Sep 2015

My Dr. doesn't like lithium, he says it has too many side effects. It's not that he wouldn't prescribe it, but as a last resort if nothing else worked. thank you for you comment.