When will Latuda be available as a generic?

MeggieGirl 23 Oct 2018

The easy answer is 2018.

The complicated answer is "Due to the commencement of these lawsuits the FDA approval of the ANDAs will be stayed at least until the earlier of April 28 2018 (plus an additional six months thereafter if Sunovion is awarded a pediatric exclusivity extension) or the date of a district court decision finding the ’372 Patent invalid unenforceable or not infringed. Should Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma and Sunovion successfully enforce the ’372 Patent ANDA approval should not occur at least until expiration of that patent on July 2 2018 (plus an additional six months thereafter if Sunovion is awarded a pediatric exclusivity extension)."

In the meantime, you are taking advantage of the $15 copay card, right? :) Meg

Nitro061 24 Oct 2018

Latuda has been available in Canada in generic form since 2010.. several generic drug companies are selling it.
It says it costs $1300 dollars for 30 day supply! Canada MSI Dosent cover prescription medications for its citizens unless you qualify under circumstances such as what you earn over the amount indicated. If you are disabled and you pay a co pay they will pay 80% but your co pay depends on your annual income. Also they only cover certain drugs and always in generic as it saves us Canadians 100 of billions a year in municipal health care.

I’m sure it is probably around $100-$150 for a 30 day supply.
I can call my pharmacist tomorrow and all he does is type it in his computer and tells you what the cost is, what mg, and how many.

If it costs you $1200 a month I beg you to simply go on another medication??? I had to compromise because I couldn’t afford the drug my doctor prescribed so my pharmacist call him and suggests several similar medications that I could afford or were covered.

Nitro061 24 Oct 2018

It says it costs $1300 dollars for 30 day supply! Canada MSI doesn’t cover prescription medications for its citizens unless you qualify under circumstances such as what you earn over the amount indicated. If you are disabled and you pay a co pay they will pay 80% but your co pay depends on your annual income. Also they only cover certain drugs and always in generic as it saves us Canadians 100 of billions a year in municipal health care.

Germanized11 25 Oct 2018

The drug is still expected to go generic this year but obviously time is running out.

Sidekick55 12 Jan 2019

Generic has been approved!!! It’ll take a few months to hit shelves but it’s coming