So I am on birth control and have been for several months but I contracted mono about a month ago so my doctor prescribed steroids. My boyfriend and I had sex without a condom twice, 3 days before I was supposed to start my period, but also used the pullout method. I read that steroids have the possibility of messing with birth control pills so just to be safe I took a plan b pill within 24 hours of the unprotected sex. Now my period is late by 4 days. What are the chances of pregnancy? Please help I'm so scared, I can't have a baby right now.
Late Period- on birth control and took a plan b to be safe, my period is late! Please help!?
- 29 Nov 2015 by penelope091715
- 6 December 2015
- plan b, birth control, emergency contraception, infectious mononucleosis, steroid, doctor, sex, prescription, period, condom, late period
What birth control are you on? Some birth controls aren't effected by steroids. the plan B will screw your cycle up. Never expect to have your period on time when you take it. I don't know what method pulling out is but its not a method of birth control, he can get you pregnant before ejaculation.
- Plan B Information for Consumers
- Plan B Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Plan B (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Updated 8 Dec 2014 • 2 answers
Updated 9 Aug 2015 • 1 answer
Updated 3 Mar 2018 • 1 answer
Updated 30 Aug 2018 • 2 answers
Updated 22 Sep 2018 • 2 answers