Lamotrigine - Any weight gain associated with Lamictal?

kaismama 30 May 2015

I actually lost a few pounds when I was on it.

coloresue 30 May 2015

I've never gained weight on it, but each person reacts differently to a drug. Watch the scale and you will have your answer.

MeggieGirl 20 Jul 2015

I had been titrating up on it and concurrently was eliminating animal fats by eating a plant-based diet due to tummy issues. The thing is, I was eating like a little piggy, not counting calories, just eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, it was just mostly plant-based (pats of butter on corn were the exception, as was the occasional hamburger & fries). In ~6 weeks, I came in for a follow-up, and just got on the scale as the normal procedure, and was shocked to see I had dropped 4 pounds. Another 4 week follow-up later, down another 2 pounds. It's likely that this is in large part due to the change in diet, but also there was a huge change in my depression, so my abnormal eating patterns started to level out. I CAN say that I put on MASSIVE weight with drugs like Seroquel (like 25 pounds per month), and this isn't one of those baddies (not for me).