Lamictal - any experience with dry peely skin on hands?

Butterflyfears 26 Jul 2015

Hi. This reaction your having could be a type of allergic reaction call Steven Johnson syndrome.Do you also have rash?Listen Im sure this sounds drastic but you need to get a doctor right away or go to your local ER.please look it up.This is no joke and the syndrome can cause some extremely severe reactions even death.Don't under estimate it. Please for your safety go to a doctor right away.My friend had this reaction it was very serious and with help from medical doctor he was treated fast at first and then slowly over time he has recovered.Lamtical can be a great drug I've been on it for almost 10 years, it has worked great at controlling my mood swings. In the beginning I was told all the possible reactions. I am lucky I didn't have any reaction but if I did Have one such as this I would be at the ER.

MeggieGirl 27 Jul 2015

She's right. Under Lamictal, it says to contact your doctor AT ONCE if you develop rash symptoms, including red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin. This is indicative of Stevens Johnson Syndrome, the one thing that every doctor and patient worries about when they're first starting Lamictal, or titrating to a new dose, but mostly when just starting.

It is urgent that you seek medical care immediately.